Our client, a global market leader works with their clients to identify, analyze, and mitigate risks. They are highly successful, with more than 200+ professionals in multiple offices across the globe. They are an organization that takes pride in their inclusive and diverse teams and collaborative culture across disciplines and geographies with global mobility, many of whom are multi-national and multi-lingual professionals.
This is a great opportunity for a strong AR professional who is ready to step into a Staff Accountant role.
The Staff Accountant will report to the Director of Finance and is responsible for driving the Accounts Receivable function from start to finish, including customer billing and collections. This position will provide ad-hoc support to the wider accounting function and provide management with financial reports and analysis. The ideal candidate should be able to meet deadlines, solve problems and interface with all levels in the organization. The individual must be organized, flexible, detail-oriented and above all, must possess excellent communication skills (verbal & written; grammar, spelling, e-mail structure, etc.).
- Manage accounts receivable process with oversight from Senior Accountant and Finance.
- Develop business relationships with internal and external clients by being proactive and providing timely, accurate information.
- Ensure continuous improvement through the identification gaps, pioneering change, and driving process improvements to advance individual and team capabilities.
- Monthly client billing – this person will be responsible for generating project time and expense reports, validating completeness and accuracy, and circulating reports to Project Managers for review, ensuring invoices are finalized by reporting deadlines.
- Record monthly invoices in the accounting system
- Prepare monthly revenue accruals
- On-board new clients
- Manage collections – in our current system (QuickBooks), Project Managers do not have visibility into outstanding receivables.
- This position will be responsible for chasing down past due invoices via client communications or through the project manager.
- Minimum of two years’ experience in Accounts Receivable department
- Strong computer skills and advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Above average communication skills
- Ability to see a task through from beginning to end, proactively escalate when needed, operate self-sufficiently and be resourceful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills; detail-oriented
- Team player, willingness to be flexible and engage in a diversity of tasks
- The ideal candidate is proactive, well-organized and willing to take on new challenges
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with ERP implementation (Microsoft D365 would be highly regarded!)