Purpose of Role:
The role of the AP/AR Clerk is to make sure bills are paid and to oversee and process incoming payments. Promotes and maintains accuracy in all areas of operations; ensures incoming revenue is secured properly through the accurate verification and posting of receipts. The AP/AR Clerk produces records, bookkeeping and financial transactions that will be used by accountants and auditors at tax time. Records transactions, creates reports, tracks income and expenses and checks figures for accuracy.
- Matching, batching, coding and entering invoices.
- Entering, posting and reconciling batches.
- Researching and resolving accounts payable or accounts receivable issues with customer or vendors.
- Updating and reconciling sub-ledger to the general ledger.
- Maintaining cash applications, account reconciliations, cashbacks.
- Accurate processing of accounts and incoming payments.
- Maintaining compliance with financial policies and procedures.
- Consistently performing all day-to-day financial transactions, including reliably and accurately verifying, sorting, calculating, posting and recording the department’s data.
- Prepares bills, invoices, and bank deposits.
- Reconciles the accounts receivable ledger, verifying that all payments are accounted for accurately and properly posted.
- Processes and scrutinizes data to verify any discrepancies within the system.
- Ensures the resolution of any client’s billing issues.
- Reliably executes the timely sending of bill reminders and contacts clients to facilitate payment of invoices due.
- Generates financial statements and reports clearly detailing accounts receivable status.
Work Experience and Qualifications Expected:
- BS degree in Finance, Accounting or Business Administration or equivalent work experience
- Experience as an Accounts Receivable Clerk and/or Accountant and proven success in that role
- Reliable, solid understanding of industry standards including basic accounting principles, fair credit practices, and collection rules and regulations
- Meticulously accurate abilities to calculate, post, and manage necessary accounting figures and financial records
- Exceptional data entry skills and aptitude for working with numbers
- Significant, first-hand experience operating spreadsheets and accounting software
- Proficiency in MS Office
- Well versed in customer service and negotiation skills
- Highly detail-oriented thinking and proven accuracy