The IT Administrator serves as technical lead support to a growing manufacturing company. This individual will be responsible for facilitating communication between Senior Management, technical and non-technical teams. The IT Administrator takes ownership of the IT environment and possesses extensive technical and hands on experience across IT infrastructure domains.
The ideal candidate for this role provides outstanding customer service, possesses strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, demonstrates excellent business communication skills and enjoys tackling complex problems. The IT Administrator provides continuity and contributes to organizational success by owning initiatives from concept through execution and maintenance. This position reports directly the Group Controller for the organization.
- Manages all activities related to the operation, installation and maintenance of all computer and peripheral equipment.
- Performs the duties of Infor Visual Manufacturing System Administrator
- Manages SQL Data extraction in Microsoft Access and Email administration including users/groups
- Possesses ERP system evaluation and conversion experience
- Acts as Help desk specialist to assist end users with IT needs
- Connects users to networks and provides initial training in facilities and applications.
- Recognizes new development in information systems technology and anticipates the company’s needs.
- Establishes long-term needs for information systems and plans strategy for development of systems and acquiring hardware.
- Ensures confidentiality and reliability of company data.
- Maintains database
- Evaluates operating practices to determine if controls and security measures are adequate.
- Establishes technical standards and procedures.
- Manages disaster recovery function for information systems.
- Installs, configures and maintains the network and workstations.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology discipline or equivalent experience
- 10 years of relevant experience including experience in senior roles
- Demonstrated experience developing, implementing and ensuring compliance of IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery
- Experience managing the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of IT systems, including telecommunications, servers, PCs, operating systems, hardware and software.
- Experience with configuration and data management processes and workflows
- Team oriented with a continuous improvement outlook.
- An effective sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills; experience in mentoring others a plus.
This job operates in a professional office environment shared with our manufacturing facilities. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This is a full-time position, and hours of work and days are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Occasional evening and weekend work may be required as job duties demand. Candidate must be able to travel between our locations in RI and MA as IT needs arise.