Provides basic nursing care to patients under supervision of assigned providers.
1) Assesses patients’ general condition and takes vital signs and weight.
2) Assists providers with examinations, diagnostic procedures and treatments.
3) Provides basic patient care as ordered.
4) Coordinates patient care under the direction of charge nurse and/or provider; assisting with clinical issues to include pre and post operative instructions, test results, medications, problems, and urgent visit requests when appropriate.
5) Set up instruments and equipment in exam/procedure rooms. Clean rooms, instruments, and equipment in accordance with infection control standards. Order, sort, and store medical supplies. Restock exam/procedure rooms.
6) Documents all activities/interventions, patient/family responses, medication dispensed/prescribed by providers, etc. in the electronic medical record.
7) Promotes wellness by providing patient education materials, communicating provider’s advice/instructions.
8) Adheres to infection control and safety guidelines.
9) Maintains patient confidentiality.
Associates Degree or Certificate from Accredited Trade School REQUIREMENTS:
Certified M.A. or CNA
Two years of medical assistant/nursing experience; urology experience preferred